Leaving The Traditional Carmakers? Ready or Not?
Many may say that this is the job-changing season, especially with China’s Internet Heavyweights entering the auto industry as well as many local New Energy Vehicles and Telemetics companies supported by PE and government are appealing to be more attractive to the talent market.
Let’s have a quick review on some of the Top Executives whom have recently left traditional carmaker industry embracing the new era:
Former: General Manager of SAIC General Motors Present: Co-founder and global VP of LESEE
Former: President and CEO of Volvo China Sales Company Present: CEO of Aiche Internet Intelligent Electrical Vehicle Company
Dai Lei(Daniel Kirchert)
Former: President of Infiniti China Present: Future Mobility COO
Former: VP of PSA Group Present: Board member and Vice President ChangjiangEV
Former: Board Member and Group Vice President of Volvo Present: Founder and CEO of WM Motor
Are you ready to leave traditional carmaker to join NEVs or Internet+ carmakers?
Many talents currently working in MNCs are considering joining local companies or start-up NEVs. You may ask why? Beside the potential for a lucrative offer, middle to senior level talents would take this opportunity to break their career ceiling in MNCs, achieving more personal value and enhancing decision-making power. In a sense, it is another way to explore entrepreneurial faculties. On the other hand, NEV-"New energy vehicle" is a general trend and strongly supported by Chinese government hence more likely to be backed by local or foreign funds.
Hot Jobs in demand
- NEV product development like VCM, BMS, Inverter, DCDC, Charger;
- Telematics/ADAS/Embedded Software related positions;
- Strategy development and new business development positions.
About The Morgan McKinley Automotive Team
- Morgan McKinley’s Automotive division sources leading candidates of sales & marketing, Engineering & Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management and other core functions across the Automotive OEMs and parts industry.
- Automotive is one of the fastest growing and steady development divisions for Morgan McKinley China.
- Our consultants have solid industry know how with extensive recruitment skills. We have strong credibility among the clients and candidates.
- Our local and multinational candidate network give us a unique ability to anticipate and adapt to recruitment trends and future areas of demand, reflected in expansion of our planning and strategic sourcing talent pool over recent years.
If you are open for opportunities or you have some hiring needs in automotive industry, please feel free to contact us via email or phone.