5 Steps to Becoming a Better Negotiator
October 12, 2016 2 mins read
The Career Ally Hub offers a range of tips for professionals at all levels of their careers. Advice, tools and videos are available on many topics including: leadership, promotion, motivation and more.
Negotiation skills are essential for professionals to obtain the best out of their careers. Whether it is for your daily job or your compensation package, being a great negotiator will help you explore your full potential. Sign in and take a look at the following articles and exercises:
- Opening Negotiation is a Q&A to help you explore the value of a good opening in negotiation, whether to open first and be aggressive or reasonable in your opening.
- Negotiation Styles is designed to make you differentiate two basic styles of negotiation and gain tips to using each style.
- Negotiation Goals covers how to determine what you want from a negotiation, how to set specific targets and commit to achieving these targets.
- Relationships in Negotiation explores the importance of creating a good relationship with the other negotiating party, you will gain useful strategies to building the relationship and understand how to minimise the risks of establishing the relationship.
- Negotiation Process takes you through the different stages of the negotiation process and you will gain useful techniques that you can use in negotiation.
You will need to be a Career Ally Hub user to view these resources. If you’re not a member yet, here’s where you can sign up.