Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain Manager has several main functions including purchasing, scheduling, inventory management and stores, shipping and receiving, and material quality control and supplier qualification. This department will work closely with our sales, technical and business development teams to support overall supplier improvements, company inventory needs and timely delivery to customers.
This position is our main contact with all our suppliers and will work closely with the commercial team as it relates to identifying new suppliers and existing supplier development. It will collaborate closely with the sales, technical and business development teams in China, the USA and the rest of Asia.
A comprehensive understanding of our company strategy, product offering, supply base, and supplier development needs is essential. Additionally, the ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization is crucial to the success of this role.
This position will work closely with the owners, General Manager, Director of Strategy, Director of Marketing and the Sales Management team in ensuring strategic alignment.
Negotiate supplier contracts with current and future suppliers to the company.
Develop and manage the proper usage of a global supplier scorecard system for all suppliers.
Investigate and obtain new supply sources that enables the company strategy and product development.
Supplier Quality including performing supplier audits (ex: Supplier Business Practices, Quality Audits, etc).
Lead the development and management of a product stocking strategy for the company.
Evaluate and report on KPI's.
Develop effective countermeasures and metrics for projects that are off track.
Long term development of a supply chain team across all of our geographies.
Education and Experience/Skills:
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
* Fluency in English and Mandarin with the ability to communicate with all levels of the company.
* Formal education and/or training in: Supply Chain (Purchasing), Engineering, Operations, logistics or a related area.
* 7 - 10 years of experience.
* A demonstrated track record of leadership with the long-term potential to build a supply chain team.
* Experience developing and executing a companywide supply chain strategy.
* Have sufficient experience with the following:
o Negotiating distributor contracts including rebate structures, project pricing and payment terms.
o Supplier quality and continuous improvement and VAVE (Value Add Value Engineering)
o Supplier quality certifications required in our various geographies
o Inventory management and stocking strategies
o Logistics including INCO terms
o Direct and indirect sourcing
* Ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities is required.
* The candidate must have high integrity, a strong sense of urgency and work well within a team.