A global leading high-frequency quant trading company
Our client is a global top tier high frequency trading market maker. They have operated in Shanghai for years with an excellent team. This role open to candidates from Big 4, investment banking and commercial banking. The ideal candidates should have good education background with ACCA/CPA/CFA, and is fluent in English.
Middle Office is an independent control department that ensures the integrity of trading positions and accuracy of P&L reporting. You will be part of a small and collaborative team responsible for validating positions and valuations on a daily basis.
Middle Office provides the link between the Front Office (trading) and the Back Office (clearing and finance), and thus requires a strong understanding of financial instruments including their settlement and clearing processes, and trading strategies as well as accounting concepts. You'll also work closely with Risk, Finance, and IT developers, and perform ad hoc projects using excel, python, SQL and other tools.
* Reconciling trades, closing positions, valuations, between trading and clearers for each trading day
* Reporting and explaining the daily trading P&L
* Data analysis on month-end reports, and other ad hoc projects
* Monthly trading P&L accounting close in GL system
* Working on projects with IT developers for reconciliation system development and procedure improvement to enhance team's work efficiency and effectiveness
* Responsible for setup of controls for new business initiatives, ongoing maintenance, and development and improvement thereafter as required.
* An inquisitive mindset, a pro-active, results-driven attitude
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Mandarin
* 2 to 5 years' experience in either Product Control, Middle Office, Risk Management, Audit or a similar type of roles for trading firms, financial engineering firms, banks, investment funds or public accounting firms
* Strong numerical skills, ability to handle data efficiently (excellent Excel skills; experience of VBA, Python, SQL would be a plus)
* An understanding of financial markets, derivative products, control function and accounting concepts
* Interest in Risk and P&L analysis, problem solving, process and system improvements