Our client is a world-class quant hedge fund with its full-fledged business in China.
About the job
The team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world's most complex economic problems.
We are seeking an investor relations to join the growing Shanghai team. You'll be part of a close knit, dynamic team of passionate individuals critical to the success of China business. In this role, you will join our Investor Relations team to focus on our investment management business, managing client and counterparty relationships, providing client service to existing and prospective investors, and participating in projects and initiatives that help further develop business activities.
This is an exciting entrepreneurial opportunity for an investment content-driven individual with high intellectual curiosity, outstanding intuition for business, and a strong work ethic to work with colleagues to drive the future growth of the company.
You Will Take On The Following Responsibilities
- Partnering with leadership and team members to build and deepen relationships with existing and prospective investors
- Developing an understanding of unique vision and offerings to effectively position as a truly differentiated investment manager
- Supporting best-in-class relationship management processes, including meeting preparation, follow-up, and pipeline management
- Attending/hosting investor meetings
- Conducting market, competitor, and industry research to find opportunities and arm Investor Relations with relevant information
- Collaborating with colleagues across firmwide functions including investment, legal, and operations on a range of client-related efforts
- Sharing local market colors and market intelligence with global teams
- Providing client service and identifying opportunities to grow existing and new relationships.
- Handling routine regulatory and investor reporting
You Should Possess The Following Qualifications
- BS degree from a top university, CFA or equivalent credentials are a plus
- At least 3 to 5 years of directly relevant experience
- Experience working with sophisticated institutional investors and distribution channels and managing day to day relationships
- Excellent presentation, communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Strong detail- and goal-oriented abilities
- Phenomenal teammate, able to work with virtual and global cross-functional teams
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- AMAC "Exam for Fund Practicing Qualification"
- Exposure to financial industry such as asset management firm, prime broker, fund administrator, and proprietary trading firm
- Experience articulating sophisticated systematic investment strategies in a straightforward, comprehensible manner
- Prior experience as a product specialist is a plus
- Product knowledge of various financial instruments such as equities, bonds, and derivatives