Newly-setup foreign banking
Job description:The role, IT Manager, will be base in Shanghai and report to Head of IT and Information Security. The successful candidate will develop technology roadmaps, governance over IT operations, vendor management, regulatory compliance in China and business relationship management. The role will coordinate with vendor engineers to supporting network, voice, servers, database, storage and backup.
- Prepare the plan of IT activities to ensure effective and continued IT support for the Bank's strategic plans in the country.
- Provide leadership role in the design and implementation of the IT systems and architectures for better performance and high availability.
- Evaluate the IT systems against business needs, both present and future, and recommend cost effective viable solutions.
- Perform vendor oversight and build close partnership to ensure delivery of services to agreed SLA.
- Work with the local compliance manager, business management and Head office teams to understand, analyse, articulate and address the localregulatory/compliance requirements.
- Review Group IT policies and provide country specific addendums to address the local regulatory and business requirements.
- Adopt and adapt Group IT Processes and standards to address the business needs.
- Ensure all established IT controls are properly executed and maintain a complete set of China IT documentations including IT inventory list, operational manual and local regulatory policies at all times.
- Take ownership of problems and work with vendor engineers tomanage and resolve technical problems from start through to resolution.
- Verify adherence to control/risk standards and processes.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the bank's reputation, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to policy, applying sound ethical judgement regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing, reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Experience of at least 10 years in information technology and service management.
- Experience in setting up foreign bank and managing small IT team.
- Implementation experience of core banking system and China Regulatory systems.
- Extensive knowledge of automated systems including software, hardware, telecommunications and in particular, information technology architecture in a banking environment.
- Experience in handling auditors and regulators.
- Strong knowledge of contracting, negotiation, organization development, change management, technology trends, service management and strategic planning.
- Very strong conceptual, analytical judgment and communication abilities are critical.
- People management, team leadership and project management skills and experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with technology teams.
- Ability to work independently and adapt to changing business priorities.
- Strong self-motivated, responsibility sense and excellent team work.
- Proficiencyin both English and Mandarin (Verbal/Written).
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experiencein computer science.